The E-learning project extends into 14 different categories including e-exams, question banks, virtual microscopy, virtual patients, mobile learning and research. its main mission is to Provision of high standard e-learning and technology enhanced learning. It was established on the year 2007.
- Increasing student engagement in the learning process by encouraging interactivity, problem-based, self-directed learning, and student production of learning materials.
- Supporting Staff in their effective adoption and utilization of new IT and e-learning techniques through training and advice.
- Helping to embed learning materials into clearly defined areas of the curriculum by integrating them into core curriculum objectives.
- Manage college learning management system, establish best practices, policies, training, documentations and suggest future directions
- Improving the process of self-assessment and feedback by the use of computer aided assessment tools for both formative and summative assessment.
- Developing a password protected extranet which will provide access to lifelong learning resources for all graduates of the QUCOM.
- Increasing access to lifelong learning through the greater provision of distance learning modules, primarily through the World Wide Web.
- Consolidating and extending the College’s position as a leading provider of continuing professional development and lifelong learning materials.
- Establish a surveying platform that evaluates courses, staff, and strategies and provides feedback about all college activities.
- Develop a multimedia site where video recording and audio lectures as well as key events will be recorded, and distributed as video on demand to students, these recordings will be available to as streamed media in real time and on demand.
- Supporting Assessment Unit to use of computer based testing in improving assessment and taking the assessment one step further where multimedia is incorporated in the assessment, moreover, new types of assessments will be used to help leverage the assessment process.
- Help in adopting new technologies in the college, procuring of new hardware or educational software.
- Use virtualization to enrich students’ learning experiences and help the achievement of program’s pedagogical goals, this includes but not limited to virtual patients, virtual microscopy, and virtual anatomy.
- Help with the preservation of college’s digital content and better archival of college intellectual properties.
- Work with college administration and staff to promote the culture of copyrights, and counter plagiarism.
- Do research about current services, procedures, methods and educational activities related to e-learning.
Head of the unit
Dr Mohammed Saqr