Academic advisers should:
- Must familiarize himself with rules and regulations of the academic procedures and his duties as an academic adviser.
- Get a list of students who are supervised by him from the Student Affairs office, contacting the Academic Support and Guidance Unit or from the university website (his faculty personal record page).
- Meet with students who are supervised by him and get to know them.
- Get their contact information mailing address and phone numbers also to provide them with his contact information.
- Organize schedules of his students’ visits with him, each student should visit his academic adviser two times per term.
- Ensure that the student’s data (e.g. name, student ID etc.) in the booklet and follow-up forms are correct.
- Record all needed information and notes in the booklet and follow-up forms. The adviser should keep a record of each student in his Academic Adviser Folder.
- Know the annual Qassim University academic calendar which is issued by the Deanship of Admission and Registration and familiarize himself with particular dates of registration and withdrawal. He can get the academic calendar from the webpage of Deanship of Admission and Registration site through the following link:
- Send a report to the Academic Support and Guidance Unit when there is an academic or a social obstacle related to the advisee students which he/she is not able to find a solution for. There is a dedicated form which can be used for this.
- Provide an annual report on the status of students who are supervised by him to the Academic Support and Guidance Unit.
Please refer to the Academic Guidance booklet for further details in regard of advisers’ tasks in the educational aspects and guidelines as well as his duties in social and creative aspects related to his students.